WORKSHOPS ARE HELD ONLINE OR IN PERSON.
SEE INDIVIDUAL WORKSHOP DESCRIPTIONS FOR DETAILS.
Black Pond Studio hosts workshops in painting, drawing and other disciplines in a newly constructed solar-powered barn; the space has abundant natural and studio light. The barn/studio sits on 40 acres of meadow, forest and wetlands in rural southeastern Massachusetts, about a 20-minute drive from Providence, Rhode Island, and about 60 minutes from Boston, Massachusetts. A spring-fed pond is steps from the barn.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for the address.
Our online workshops are designed to be live and interactive.
We do not record online meetings.
This policy protects the intellectual property of the artists who teach at Black Pond.
(If you are registered for a workshop and need to miss a meeting, please contact us in advance to request a recording of that meeting)
We do not record entire workshops for participants in time zones where it is difficult to attend live meetings. If you are in such a time zone, we recommend that you plan to attend the live Zoom meetings.
OFFERINGS at Black Pond include workshops that meet for one week, as well as weekend and weekly sessions.
CATHERINE KEHOE and NANCY McCARTHY host and lead workshops; guest artists with diverse backgrounds and approaches are also invited to teach.
SUBSCRIBE to the mailing list to be notified of workshops and other events.
A car is necessary in this rural area.
BY CAR: GPS is the best way to navigate here.
Email email@example.com for the address.
BY AIR: Green Airport in Providence is the closest airport.
Rental cars are available at the airport.
Logan Airport in Boston is one hour away by car and might have more direct flights. Rental cars are available there.
ACCOMMODATIONS For longer workshops, and for those traveling from far away, here are some options:
• Nearby bed and breakfast establishments range from simple to luxury. Contact us for suggestions.
• Providence is about a 20 minute drive from Black Pond for a wider range of accommodations.
• airbnb offers listings in the area.
• There are two simple guest rooms (that share a bathroom) on the property. Self-serve breakfast is included in the price of room rental. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• A full refund is made when a participant registers for a workshop that is canceled or full.
• For workshops of three days or more: Tuition will be refunded if Black Pond Studio is notified of a withdrawal more than 45 days prior to the start of class. If a registration is cancelled 45 or fewer days before the start of your class, your payment will not be refunded unless your space can be filled by another registrant. (In any case, a 10% cancellation fee will be deducted from your refund).