WORKSHOPS ARE HELD ONLINE OR IN PERSON.
SEE INDIVIDUAL WORKSHOP DESCRIPTIONS FOR DETAILS.
Black Pond Studio hosts workshops in painting, drawing and other disciplines in a newly constructed solar-powered barn; the space has abundant natural and studio light. The barn/studio sits on 40 acres of meadow, forest and wetlands in rural southeastern Massachusetts, about a 20-minute drive from Providence, Rhode Island, and about 60 minutes from Boston, Massachusetts. A spring-fed pond is steps from the barn.
Contact us at email@example.com for the address.
Online classes at Black Pond are designed to be interactive. The voices of all participants are vital to the experience. In addition, we seek to protect the intellectual property of our instructors. For these reasons, we generally do not record online meetings. If you are registered for a workshop and need to miss a meeting, please contact us (not your instructor) via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, 24 hours in advance, to request a recording of that meeting. Recordings are available for 48 hours.
We do not record entire workshops.
OFFERINGS at Black Pond include workshops that meet for one week, as well as weekend and weekly sessions.
CATHERINE KEHOE and NANCY McCARTHY host and lead workshops; guest artists with diverse backgrounds and approaches are also invited to teach.
SUBSCRIBE to the mailing list to be notified of workshops and other events.
A car is necessary in this rural area.
BY CAR: GPS is the best way to navigate here.
Email email@example.com for the address.
BY AIR: Green Airport in Providence is the closest airport.
Rental cars are available at the airport.
Logan Airport in Boston is one hour away by car and might have more direct flights. Rental cars are available there.
• Nearby bed and breakfast establishments range from simple to luxury. Contact us for suggestions.
• Providence is about a 20 minute drive from Black Pond for a wider range of accommodations.
• airbnb offers listings in the area.
• There are two simple guest rooms (that share a bathroom) on the property. Self-serve breakfast is included in the price of room rental. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• A full refund is made when a participant registers for a workshop that is canceled or full.
• Tuition will be refunded if Black Pond Studio is notified of a withdrawal more than 45 days prior to the start of class. If a registration is cancelled 45 or fewer days before the start of your class, your payment will not be refunded unless your space can be filled by another registrant. (In any case, a 10% cancellation fee will be deducted from your refund).